Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Twitter integration: rtm not following Twitter user

jpconstantineau says:
Hi,

I am having trouble integrating rtm with twitter. I go through the steps described in the "Remember The Milk for Twitter" page, however, when I try to tweet my verification code back to rtm (by direct message), I get the following message:

"You cannot send messages to users who are not following you"

I have tried a few times (by "deleting and starting over") with no success. I even tried to unfollow and re-follow rtm.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is there currently an issue with the RTM-Twitter Integration?

Thanks

Pierre
Posted at 8:31pm on January 18, 2011
gzevspero says:
Having the exact same problem...
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
jpconstantineau,
Thanks for getting in touch. I've added this to our list to investigate.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem. Whatever "auto-follow" bot rtm uses is perhaps malfunctioning?
Posted 13 years ago
crusade says:
Trying exactly the same thing and having the same problem
Posted 13 years ago
todayisnew says:
same here
Posted 13 years ago
rwrohrich says:
Same here, reported this on Monday 1/17/2011 [#098297419GM] rtm not responding to direct messages. [4 days ago]

Near as I can tell this quit working sometime over last weekend. After trying to restore the link several times found that rtm was not following me. Direct messages will never work like this.

Wondering if someone was working on this - I didn't get a response (toher than the tracking number) which is why I came here. Was glad to see it on someones todo list (thanks @andrewski)

This was the most convenient way to do a quick add to my todo list. A simple d rtm "task" gets the thought onto my todo list and lets me return focus to the task at hand. I can use the iPhone app or web version when I'm actually working on my inbox.
Posted 13 years ago
paul_cox says:
+1 for this problem. Would love to be able to use Twitter with RTM.
Posted 13 years ago
ralf.schiering says:
... so I am not alone with my small problem: RTM does not follow my Twitter account.
Posted 13 years ago
biancolo says:
I have been using Twitter integration for a long time, but rtm seems to have unfollowed me, as of a few days ago. I tried to start over, and now can't get rtm to follow me.
Posted 13 years ago
jpconstantineau says:
Hi

Any update on progress?
Any idea when you will know when things should be resolved? I have kept re-trying without success. And from the other posts, it seems that I am not the only one in a similar situation.

Thanks

Pierre
Posted 13 years ago
jpconstantineau says:
Hi all,
After some more waiting, I got rtm to answer me and I finally was bale to add a task to rtm!

Thanks

Pierre
Posted 13 years ago
ralf.schiering says:
Now it is working
Posted 13 years ago
michael.clements16 says:
I'm having the same problem (rtm isn't following me on twitter).
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
michael,

Would you mind trying to unfollow, then refollow @rtm? We don't show any outstanding issues with Twitter right now.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
ryan.a.printy says:
my problem is not that rtm wont follow me but after you friend rtm and follow each other, it sends a link asking you to go to rmilk.com/twitter, for some reason that link does not work...so subsequently i cant yet use rtm through twitter bc when i send a task it says goto rmilk.com/twitter to finish the integration process
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
ryan.a.printy,
You can go to our Twitter service page directly (http://rmilk.com/twitter just redirects there) to continue the setup, i.e. to retrieve your confirmation code to send to rtm.
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.