Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Emails to RTM from Mobile Email application on LG Env Touch not properly parsed

bluesgeek says:
If I send a task to my RTM address from the Mobile Email application v7.53(23.7.41.0445) available on the LG Env Touch (BREW OS) a separate task is created for each line in the body of the text.

---------------------
For example:

Subject: Weekly work meeting

Priority: 1
Due: Monday at 9am
Repeat: Every Week
Estimate: 2 hours
Tags: report coffee
---
This is a heading for the first note.

This is the first note's content.
---
This is a heading for the second note.

This is the second note's content.

---------------------

No task is created based on the subject of the email.

No task notes are created.

A task is created titled: "Priority: 1"

A task is created titled: Due: "Monday at 9am"

A task is created titled: Repeat: "Every Week"

A task is created titled: "Estimate: 2 hours"

A task is created titled: "Tags: report coffee"
Posted at 5:36am on January 19, 2011
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
bluesgeek,
It sounds like you're using your Import address; check the email address to make sure it's something like bluesgeek+abc123 (and not bluesgeek+abc123+import).

If you have any further problems, would it be possible to submit an Emailing Tasks issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
You are so right! I had the import address on the phone and the inbox address on the desktop. Very useful, especially using the SmartAdd syntax with the import address to bring in detail on each task in the list.

Thank you so much.

Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.