Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Milksync Error - OUTLOOK ADD-IN ACTIVATOR: Cannot activate add-in

(closed account) says:
MilkSync for outlook (v 1.0.23) was acting up so i uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to synch everything the first time. then i updated my tasks in outlook and then synched and it's back to acting up.

i looked in the error logs and the error i get is below:
12/2/2011 11:23:43 PM [MilkSync] [INFO] OUTLOOK SESSION PROVIDER: Checking if add-in is enabled...
12/2/2011 11:23:43 PM [MilkSync] [INFO] OUTLOOK SESSION PROVIDER: Add-in is disabled; trying to activate...
12/2/2011 11:23:43 PM [MilkSync] [INFO] OUTLOOK ADD-IN ACTIVATOR: Starting the add-in activation...
12/2/2011 11:23:43 PM [MilkSync] [ERROR] OUTLOOK ADD-IN ACTIVATOR: Cannot activate add-in.
Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args)
at RTM.Outlook.Service.OutlookAddinActivator.Activate(Object outlook)

InnerException: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))
Source:
Stack trace:

i tried tofind a solution on the forum but all of the solutions are please contact us at support. not helpful for those of us looking for an immediate solution.

thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted at 11:32pm on December 2, 2011
sn3akyp3t3 says:
Similar error posted 11 weeks ago here: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/milksync/13389/

Does the add-in show up as disabled? https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/enable-or-disable-add-ins-in-office-programs-HA010034127.aspx
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi hstarli,
It's possible that Outlook 'hard disabled' the MilkSync add-in after you reinstalled the software. The steps on the page provided by sn3akyp3t3 can be used to re-enable the add-in.

Thanks sn3akyp3t3!
Posted 12 years ago
mkrelltx says:
I seem to have discovered i have the same problem, i.e. i cannot get the MilkSync add-in to stay enabled in outlook. It works, then for some reason it becomes disabled and the only way to get it started again is to remove it and then do a full re-install, which is painful. i have tried re-enabling the add-in in Outlook, but it doesn't work. I have tried deleting the add-in and running a repair and that also doesn't work. I am running a 64-bit Win7 with Outlook 2010. This is becoming really problematic.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi mkrelltx,
If Outlook continues to disable the add-in, can you contact us via email so we can get some additional details on your situation?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.