Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Non-stop reminders for a completed task

dlaudenschlager says:
Every 5 minutes, I'm getting a reminder for a task that I completed earlier today.

Here's what I've tried:
1. I DELETED the completed task.
2. On my PC, I used the Chrome developer tools to clear the local cache.
3. On my iPhone and iPad, I DELETED the RTM app and its data, then reinstalled the app.
4. I search both Completed and Incomplete tasks and can't find any trace of the completed and deleted task.

I also searched past forum posts and (1) there aren't any recent ones on this subject that I could find and (2) the old ones don't contain any solutions.

Thank you for your suggestions!

-Doug
Posted at 6:07pm on January 20, 2022
dad23fords says:
I'm also having this problem.
Posted 2 years ago
jason.hein says:
same problem
Posted 2 years ago
dlaudenschlager says:
As of this evening (same day), the every-5-minute reminders seem to have stopped.
Posted 2 years ago
bshoemaker says:
Same problem. In my case the task originated as a reminder from Evernote. I've deleted every trace of the task, but still get notifications on all my devices, every 4-minutes.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
We're sorry to hear this! We looked into an issue last week where reminders were sent repeatedly, but we're sorry this is still occurring for any of you this week!

We're going to continue investigating the root cause of this, but please let us know if disabling your reminders in the web/desktop app doesn't help.

We apologize again for the inconvenience!
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have been getting these every 4 minutes, to be precise. And disabling the reminders or the daily digest does not help. I had disabled these recently as I was getting multiple emails, text and pings on the phone app for the same thing or for the daily digest. The interface to regulate how RTM notifies us is confusing, and it should be easy for me to tell you not to spam me. Also thanks for responding here, finally.
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
... just got my 50th text... if RTM is trying to give me the impression that fixing this is a priority, I am not getting that.
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
OK - I deleted my cell phone from my account and at least now the spamming seems to have stopped.
Posted 2 years ago
crosley123 says:
I'm having this EXACT problem and it is driving me MAD.
Help???
Posted 2 years ago
chrisr62 says:
Same issue. Same process. Just updated to ios 15.3. Went through all the same stuff after updated and still have all the same issues.
Posted 2 years ago
crosley123 says:
Same here, just updated to iOS 15.3
Driving me crazy as my phone is in the car and my watch keeps notifying me. Grrr....
Posted 2 years ago
doug.debarge says:
Still happening to me as well. Getting reminders every 4 to 5 minutes. I had to turn off all reminders making RTM unusable.
Posted 2 years ago
pganton says:
I just started having the problem today (1/28). The reminders are coming through as texts every 4 minutes. I removed the reminder from the task to which they are associated with no luck, and I’ve gone into my account settings and deleted getting reminders, but I’m still getting them.
Posted 2 years ago
pganton says:
I’m still on iOS 14.8, so my issue has nothing to do with upgrading to 15.3, as some users have mentioned.
Posted 2 years ago
Sorry everyone. We thought we had resolved this earlier in the week but it seems like it has returned (and/or started for some other folks).

We are investigating the problem and you can monitor the status on our status page.

This is separate from iOS updates, even though iOS notifications may be affected, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Disabling reminders temporarily is the only workaround we can suggest, but we understand receiving no reminders may be worse and we're sorry to suggest a no-win decision! 💙

I will post back here once this is resolved as well.
Posted 2 years ago
pganton says:
I disabled reminders and deleted my cell #, and that worked for me. Then I added a task to RTM to add the information for the reminders back!
Posted 2 years ago
nextcpuguru says:
I am having the same problem on Android since a 10am EST reminder on Saturday 29 January 2022. Had to turn off SMS messaging to my phone from account settings to get it to cease. It is just a single reminder, others were working fine.
Posted 2 years ago
crosley123 says:
Any update on this problem? I have notifications turned off and very much need them back on.
Posted 2 years ago
Hi crosley123,
Sorry I didn't post here, but this is resolved. We posted some more details on our status page, but please let us know if you experience anything unexpected with your reminders.
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.