Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Update only one task at a time

j1234aaaa says:
Is there any way to see the details of tasks while checking off several at a time?

Some days I start with 60 or 70 tasks. Several times during the day I run down the list updating it. I delete completed tasks, edit some, change the due date on others.

But RTM only shows the details of one task at a time. It requires me to check a task, edit or change it then move my cursor to the top of the page and 'complete it' and then move my cursor back to the next task.

This turns a two minute task into something much longer multiple times a day.

Is there a better way to update multiple tasks?
Posted at 12:28pm on February 8, 2022
(closed account) says:
If you want to do the same updates on multiple tasks, you can do a Bulk Update in the web app (and maybe in other versions).

1. Select the tasks you want to update.
2. Click the "..." button (to the right of the tags button).
3. Choose Bulk Update.

I hope this helps you a bit.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi j1234aaaa,
In addition to checking multiple tasks and updating them in bulk (whether with the buttons at the top or the Bulk Update feature itself, thanks geojono!) there's no other way to see the details for one task while selecting multiple tasks.

The only thing I can suggest there is that if you need to review the details of one task, you can open a separate window or use another app (like pull it up on another device) to review while working on managing the list of tasks.

I hope this helps a bit! 💙
Posted 2 years ago
j1234aaaa says:
Thanks but I don't want to do bulk updates. Each reminder/task needs to be handled individually.
What I'd like is simplification of the process, like being able to see the repeating cycle for all tasks on the page without having to check and uncheck each one.
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.