Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Just started receiving 2 Android notifications for each event with a due time

(closed account) says:
I had the reminders/notifications setup working well, receiving a notification on my Android for each event with a due time. I especially like that setup as I can mark a task Complete right from the notification.

Starting today, however, I'm getting 2 notifications for each task with a due time. They both come at the same time. Was there a change between yesterday and today that would have caused that? I haven't made any settings changes.

Thanks
Posted at 7:08pm on July 21, 2022
(closed account) says:
This cleared up this morning.

I don't know why I was getting dual notifications yesterday, but it's back to normal today.

All seems OK now.
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi geojono,
Sorry to hear that!

First, since Android reminders are affected by the background operation of the app you may want to double-check the Android Settings to see if RTM is set to have any battery optimizations applied.

(You should not notice a performance/battery effect with those disabled, but they can help make sure the reminders work as expected on schedule.)

Also, it may help to restart your device or to toggle reminders (disable them in the Settings, then enable them again) to see if that helps.

If not, it may help to remove and reinstall the app.

Keep me posted on what you find and we'll see if there's anything else we need to do!
Posted 1 year ago
toxmox2000 says:
Just posting that I'm experiencing the same problem and it started at the same time as OP. It was fixed for a bit but is happening again today.
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
On mine, it only happened during that one day. The following day it corrected itself and now all is well.

andrewski - Thanks for the reply.
toxmox2000 - Did any of andrewski's suggestions help?
Posted 1 year ago
toxmox2000 says:
I'm still having issues. I've tried reinstalling and that didn't help. Just some weird stuff happening with notifications. Sometimes getting double notifications. Also getting notifications for stuff I have marked complete or postponed.
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi toxmox2000,
Sorry to hear these issues have continued! If my suggestions above haven't helped, can you contact us so we can get more specific? Thanks!
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.