Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"Repeat after two months" gives wildly inaccurate dates after finishing a task

rachel.kaufman says:
I created a task due today that repeats "after" two months. When completing it, the new due date is set as Jan 31.
This does not happen with tasks that are due today and repeat "after" one month (they become due on Aug 31), but it does happen with tasks due today that repeat "after" three months (they become due on March 31).
This is replicable on both web app on desktop and Android.
Posted at 10:06pm on July 31, 2022
(closed account) says:
I don't get the same results (I'm on the web app).

I created a test task that was due today (Aug 1) and repeats "after 2 months". When I completed it, the next due date was Oct 1.

I then created a test task that was due today (Aug 1) and repeats "after 3 months". When I completed it, the next due date was Nov 1.

I haven't tried it on any other platforms, but it's working for me on the web app.

Could there be other attributes of the task that might be getting misinterpreted by RTM to make the repeat give crazy dates?
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rachel.kaufman,
This can happen on the last day of the month with some repeats, and this is on our list to investigate.

In the meantime, it's possible to add "after two months on the last day of the month" in your repeat, though I understand that doesn't cover all scenarios (like when a repeating task just happens to be on the last day).
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.