Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Trash

ksingernc says:
2 questions

1) Is there a trash folder on the iPad/iPhone (iOS)?

2) The trash folder on the Mac is not emptying after 30 days. I have completed tasks back to April. There is no number next to trash so I don't know how many tasks are in there but it would take a long time to individually delete each task prior to August.

Thanks
Posted at 2:53am on August 23, 2022
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ksingernc,
The Trash is only available in the web/desktop app currently.

Deleted tasks will stay in the Trash for 30 days after deleting, even if you completed them before. I'm not sure if that's what you're encountering but we'd love to help further. Can you contact us so we can discuss some specifics?
Posted 1 year ago
ksingernc says:
I have a lot of repeating task - daily, weekly, monthly. I don't regularly look at my individual (category) lists. I just look at my today list, which is sorted by category, and couple of special lists, like a smart list that includes all items with tags. When I complete a task from the today folder, it shows up in completed, but what happens from there? The following day complete will be empty until I complete some tasks. Since the today items actually reside in a category list, do I have to go into the categories lists or All Tasks list periodicaly and send completed items to the trash?

I don't think there is anything in the trash now that I need to recover, so I'm thinking I'll just permanently delete all those items and start fresh. Thanks for helping me to understand this.
Posted 1 year ago
ksingernc says:
Ha! I just looked at delete all and it says I have over 4,000 tasks in there. Makes me fell like I must have accomplished something. 🤣
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ksingernc,
Ah yes, if you're looking at the Today view that will reset each day. However, in each list (Inbox, Personal, Work, etc.) your completed tasks will continue to accrue. Viewing the Completed view will show all of them since you created your account.

You can also see this in the All Tasks view: all upcoming tasks / all completed tasks

There's no need to delete completed tasks, but any deleted tasks ("I am not going to do this task" or "I don't need this completed task anymore", etc.) will sit in the Trash for 30 days before automatically being deleted.

I hope this helps for you but let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about this process or how to manage your tasks, completed or not! 😅💙
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.