Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Installation of helper app on Mac OS X

erik.gottschalk says:
Several times per day I'm receiving a pop-up window from Mac OS X that says that Remember the Milk needs to install a helper app. I enter username and password for an account that has admin privileges thinking that the helper app will be installed. However, an hour or so later I get the same pop-up window again. Is there any way to disable the pop-up window or to make sure the helper app is properly installed so I don't continue to receive these messages.
Posted at 10:24pm on February 3, 2023
mirthless29 says:
I had the same problem in the past.

It solved then deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Nowadays I use RTM app in my userspace and not in the admin space. It allows me not to login as admin every time the Application updates.

You can create a forder named /Users/{user account}/Applications and drag and drop the icon there and not at /Application where admin is the owner

It should be done in every user account (more space used)

I hope it helps you!!!
Posted 1 year ago
erik.gottschalk says:
Sounds like an excellent suggestion. I'll give it a try. Thank you!
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi erik.gottschalk and mirthless29,
Yes, the suggestion to reinstall the app without administrator privileges is the best. The app is designed to run as your regular user account and not to need administrator access. Ironically, giving that access is what causes that problem, just because of the user account mismatch.

If you have any further problems though, you can contact us and we can help with some more specifics. 💙
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.