Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Android Widgets Do Not Work

valdar729 says:
Hello,

Just starting in the last few days, the android widgets do not seem to work. They can be selected and added, but they show up as invisible on the home screen. I can click on them, but nothing happens. Android gives me a message that RTM is crashing frequently (I think it crashes every time I click a widget).

The app itself works, just the widgets seem broken.
Posted at 8:28am on August 22, 2023
joaojesus says:
The same is happening with me.
Phone: Xiaomi 12, with Android 13.
Posted 8 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi all,
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue. I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry to hear this!

If you could let us know which devices and versions you are encountering this on, it would help us track this down.

You can also contact us by email if you prefer.
Posted 8 months ago
valdar729 says:
I'm using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Android 13 on tmobile in US. I use the Nova7 Launcher, not sure if that matters. But the widgets always worked before, just stopped recently.

Did an uninstall, re-install, and now it seems to work.

What did not work:
Clear Cache
Stop App
Clear Data

Only a total delete/download and it worked again.
Posted 8 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the issue here! 4.6.1 had an issue with the Google Play build that caused crashes in the background.

We've updated the app several more times since then to 4.6.4, which resolves those crashes, ensures background operation is working, and also resolves a few new crashes on Android 14 devices. Sorry for the inconvenience this week!

If you have any further issues, please contact us so we can take a look! 💙
Posted 8 months ago
joaojesus says:
I confirm that now everything is OK. Thank you very much for the update! 👍
Posted 8 months ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.