Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

unique key for a task

aberezin says:
reading the api docs, it seems like a task unique key is a combo of a listId, a seriesId, and a taskId or something like that. Anyway, there is nothing in the docs indicating a single unique key.

In hacking the URL on the webapp, I did this
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#list/na/1013217495
And I got a redirect to the correct list and taskId and the page rendered showing the task I expected (corresponding to what seems like is taskId=1013217495)

So, I'm wondering if there is really is a single unique key for a task. It would seem to fragile to have the compound key be include the listId because what happens when you move the task to another list? Is there some reason the API doesn't have something like get-task-by-taskId ?

thx

Posted at 11:40pm on December 24, 2023
aberezin says:
I guess I could always create the task with a name that inc some SHA or whatever
Posted 4 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi aberezin,
You're right that the list_id can change, but for the API purposes all three of those fields are required.

This page about tasks is likely where you noted that detail, but it also demonstrates how those are used to work with tasks. There's currently no method to get a task by a task_id individually.

For API questions more generally, you can use our Developer Mailing List. In case you had tried before, this wasn't working for a long while due to a Google Groups issue, but we've just checked on it again and were able to get it working again. 😅

Let me know if I can help with anything else! 💙
Posted 16 weeks ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.