Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sub tasks part of a repeating task keep disappearing

vkhubani says:
I have a task that repeats daily with 4 subtasks but for some reason the following day the subtasks do not carry forward. Is this a bug?

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-subtasks-repeat
Posted at 8:53am on January 12, 2024
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi vkhubani,
You may want to make sure you are adding tasks to the "latest" task. For a task that repeats daily, you would want to look at tomorrow's task.

What happens is that the subtasks carry forward each time a task is generated, so by the time you are editing today's task, tomorrow's has already generated.

One thing that may help is that the repeat "after a day" would work the way you want in terms of subtasks. The repetition behavior works just a bit differently: it only generates the next task when you complete the current one.

I hope this helps but let me know if I can help further! 💙
Posted 15 weeks ago
vkhubani says:
I found the bug. When the parent task uses "after a day" the sub tasks don't carry forward. They do for other recurring types. Can you please confirm?
Posted 15 weeks ago
Hi vkhubani,
Hm, that doesn't sound right! I see you emailed us, and I'll email you back there to get some more specifics.

Thanks again!
Posted 15 weeks ago
vkhubani says:
Support has gone dark just a few weeks after I paid a hefty subscription fee. Is this normal?
Posted 14 weeks ago
kev1n says:
I hope it isn't normal.

I confirm this problem, that using the "after a day" recurrence on a task with sub tasks, the sub tasks are no longer present after completion on the following day. I saw mixed results of this between desktop/web and synced ios app. For a time I could see the sub tasks on the ios app but they later disappeared. It is strange, as though the sub tasks are orphaned.

It certainly seems like a bug.
Posted 14 weeks ago
Hi vkhubani and kev1n,
Sorry this has continued.

We had a brief issue with repeating tasks, only on the server, and that was corrected within 24 hours and all tasks were caught up. I don't think this would affect your tasks but I wanted to mention it.

We're having a hard time reproducing this so far but are continuing to look into it. Any details you are able to email to us or to share here would be very helpful.

And at this point if you're able to test this with a new task, I'd be curious if this happens with that as well. It would be great if you could test this in the moblile app and the web/desktop app as well, just to see if they behave any differently.

Keep me posted on what you find all around! 💙
Posted 14 weeks ago
kev1n says:
I no longer see this issue. Sub tasks are not disappearing from their parent, "after a day" recurrence, task.
Posted 13 weeks ago
Thanks for confirming! Please let us know if you see this again (or, for anyone else, if you're still seeing this).
Posted 13 weeks ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.