Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar Integration (iCalendar)

(closed account) says:
My tasks don't appear in the Google Calendar. I have followed the instructions here:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm
The last step is "copy URL and past to Google calendar".

When I copy the URL to my Windows Vista Calendar, I get the feed and the tasks are shown in my Calendar.

Same is not true with GCal. The Calendar is shown in the list of calendars, but no tasks are shown.

Any Ideas welcome!
Posted at 3:21pm on July 3, 2009
jollyb says:
you have to wait some hours for the task to be updated. that how it was by me.
but i'm having problems with updating my task in google cal. i Reset Private URLs, add them to google cal and the sow up, but after few days (day or two) they stop updating. if i add, change or delete the tastks in RTM they don't update in google cal. the tasks stay just stay the same :/
very annoying. this is happening for weeks

p.s. does anybody else have this kind of problem?
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The following information is from Google Calendar Help:

"Currently, calendar feeds are automatically updated by Google Calendar every few hours. We understand that some users want to have the ability to refresh the calendars they added manually and we are exploring various ways to enable this.

If the calendar you're subscribing to using Google Calendar isn't refreshed after 24 hours, please send us the calendar address and the detail of the problem so that we can investigate."

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Jollyb,

I have now the same problem. GCalendar has now stoped to sync my tasks from RTM. I can see older tasks, wich should be gone for days now. And new tasks are not added. Funny, the Icon-RTM-Service still works quite accurate and in time.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
We have had some sporadic Google Calendar problems over the past few weeks, but they seem to elude any kind of pattern.

If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an iCalendar Feeds issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details to help figure out what's causing this.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
simensen says:
I have subscribed to both the raw and "Events" feeds in Google Calendar and neither calendar shows any of my events on Google Calendar. These tasks had been added before I first subscribed to them with Google Calendar and I've even reset the private urls in the hopes that it would pick them up again.
Posted 14 years ago
paul.perger says:
I am using google calendar too, and I am having NO issues whatsoever. I just added a task in RTM, shifted over to my Google Calendar tab, clicked on the RTM tag and my list showed up complete with the new task added less than 30 seconds earlier in RTM.

Just did the same as well the other way (added a task from Google calendar and flipped over to the RTM tab) and it worked in less than 30 seconds...
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Paul - I suspect you are using the RTM gadget in Gcal, which appears as a checkbox on each day. The delay addressed here is when subscribing to the iCal feed of an RTM list - as google only retrieves that feed periodically, it can get pretty stale if you have edited your tasks extensively. If you are not using the gadget, then I am envious of the speed with which Gcal behaves for you.
Posted 14 years ago
paul.perger, yeah, the issues have been sporadic. In testing it myself over the past few weeks that I've heard about problems, I've noticed it happening to me... and then not. So it's a really odd issue.

simensen, only the Events feed will work in Google Calendar. But when the tasks were added doesn't seem to matter, and resetting the private URLs may help (I haven't been able to get the problem to happen long enough to test), but you'll want to make sure you change the calendar's address once you reset the private addresses.

Sorry I don't have more to report right now, but keep me posted on what works (or doesn't) and I'll keep looking into it.
Posted 14 years ago
mkatsev says:
andrewski, doesn't work for me as well. Resetting doesn't help, no events in google calendar at all. If I save the iCal file from private link, put it to my hosting and then add it to google then everything works in 1-2 minutes. From RTM host - nothing
Posted 14 years ago
jollyb says:
rtm calendar is working for me now. hoping i will never have the problems :)
tasks are updating in short time from RTM to GCAL, didn't measure the exact time, but hours are not needed for updating the changed / deletede tasks
Posted 14 years ago
mkatsev, one reason that could be is the length of the RTM URL; someone reported that as helping. I haven't had too much chance to confirm that across the board, especially since the problem is so sporadic; I've had it affect me once and then not again the next time I try.

Hopefully Google will resolve this issue soon!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.