Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Email Syntax Not Working - every line is just a new task

notbadbutgood says:
I've even tried (for testing purposes) copying and pasting the exact syntax from the RTM FAQ.

I guess the plus side is that it allows me to send multiple tasks to RTM, but I really want to be able to specify some parameters in the email.

Anyone else experience this? I'm sending from OS X's Mail.app. Even tried sending as plain text, thinking maybe my message formatting did this.
Posted at 1:19am on November 26, 2009
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You could use the Smart Add syntax to add meta info.

Otherwise, it sounds like you are using the wrong e-mail address, there are two:
user+XXXXX@rmilk.com and
user+XXXXX+import@rmilk.com
Posted 14 years ago
notbadbutgood says:
Well, I'm using the "+import" address, however I guess my issue is more that I feel like it should work as indicated in the guide, right? I copied/pasted directly from the guide as a test, and it still didn't work.

I'm considering RTM pretty heavily as it seems to be a sweet app, but if I go with this, I want to GO with it, which means a pro upgrade...and I want to make sure it works before I pay for it.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
notbadbutgood,
There's no obligation to upgrade, so make sure everything's working before you decide to. We're available to help so you can have any questions answered. :)

As for this issue, do you have an outgoing signature in your email? Could you paste in the syntax that you're sending to your address?
Posted 14 years ago
benb says:
@notbadbutgood: there are 2 email addresses, and they handle 2 scenarios.

The "import" one adds multiple tasks, 1 per line, to the list specified in the subject. However, you can use the smart add syntax to set options for each task.

The other email address adds a single task (the subject) and lets you set the options in the body. (e.g. Due: tomorrow)

I use this heavily, and it definitely works.

Could you let us know what you're expecting to happen that doesn't?
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.